Another Top Ten Tuesday brought to you by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week’s topic: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 — bookish, blogging or otherwise!
1. Read more books – This one is pretty straight forward. As a book blogger I need to read more books. With my to-read list piling up, I don’t think that should be a problem. I will probably do my challenge for 30 books this year. Last year I did it for 24 and have read 28. That might seem like a little, but I’m a fully time banker, mom, and I help my husband with our small part-time business, and I’ve been addicted to Forge of Empires since early this year. 🙂
2. Stick to my reading schedule – Okay so, adjusting to blogging about books has made things a bit more complicated because I have commitments. I normally post a “Next on the Stand” a few days before I post my review and by this time I normally haven’t finished reading the book. Perhaps I should set my reading deadlines for the day I post my “Next on the Stand”.
3. Finish my to-read list on Goodreads – Some of these books have been on my to-read list since before I started the blog in July. I really should get to them since I added them for a reason.
4. Finish my Next-Year-To-Read list on Goodreads – at least I didn’t fool myself into thinking that I would read them this year and put them for next year.
5. Buy more hard copy books – I have to start the library someday. Why not now? I love my kindle. It’s very convenient and easy to carry around. But I also love books. I love the way they smell. 🙂 Plus what if there’s an apocalypse and my Kindle stops working 🙁 Yes, if I had more money I’d probably be one of those crazy doomsday preppers.
6. Learn Photoshop – I dabble in minor editing from time to time, but I really think I can do much more if I actually learn how to use Photoshop.
7. Learn to properly code a website – Moving my blog to wordpress.org has really been challenging without knowing some HTML and CSS. Thanks to plugins it was a little easier but I had a lot of technical challenges. Twice I got the white screen of death until I figured out how to use the FTP to change my child theme files.
8. Finish learning R to do dashboards – I started a free Coursera class in R programming this year and it was terrible. Way too fast paced even with programming experience. I have some experience in VB and Python. I bought a book on R and will probably learn on my own like I did with every other program I use.
9. Get more physical books for my son. He’s a huge fan of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, but he prefers physical books. This year I want to get him all of those [he has some already], Ender’s Game, and Percy Jackson. We can also discover a few more.
10. And last, but not least, I want to have lots of fun doing all of these other resolutions, because then what’s the point of doing them.
What are your goals / resolutions for next year?