Another Top Ten Tuesday brought to you by The Broke and The Bookish.
This week’s topic: Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List
I have a reading schedule so most of the time I know what I’m going to read next. For this week though, I’d like to share some of the books I’m looking forward to read the most before summer arrives. So here goes:
1. Room by Emma Donoghue – I wanna read some creepy book that scares me. I haven’t read one in a while, it’s mostly been fantasy. I think this one should do.
2. The Ocean and the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman – I’ve had this one on my radar for some time and I do hope I get to it before summer. [Update: I’m suppose to be getting this one shortly as a another gift from my Secret Santa… Yay!]
3, 4 & 5. The Infernal Devices [Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess] by Cassandra Clare – I enjoyed The Mortal Instruments and I’ve heard better things about The Infernal Devices so this has been on my list for a while. I got them as a Christmas gift via gift card from my boss.
6. Prince Lestat by Anne Rice – I love Lestat, so of course I’m going to read this book, and it had better be sooner rather than later 🙂
7. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – I didn’t get into the other series from Sarah J. Maas, but on a blog I follow, it said I should give it a chance so that’s what I’m doing.
8. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – Magic and made up worlds…. definitely seems up my alley.
9. Red Rising by Pierce Brown – Lies, secrets, aliens and interplanetary travel, again right up my ally. It’s a fantasy-mystery, a clash of 2 genres I love.
10. Departure by A. G. Riddle – Alas. I preordered this one and still haven’t gotten to it. I loved Riddle’s first series and when this stand-alone book was announced to me via email, I just had to go out and buy. Now if only I can get to reading it.
[Update: Since I got my copy of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, so I’m moving that up on this list]
Until next time…