This week I decided to take part in the weekly meme “Top Ten Tuesday” hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. I think as a book blogger it’s important to part-take in activities hosted by other book bloggers. No book blogger is an island, we need to network and get to know each other and theses memes help to do just that.
This week’s theme is: Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing This Year
I’ve decided to interpret this in two ways. Firstly, as a list of books I would hope that Santa could bring but I know he can’t (because they aren’t finished yet) and secondly, a list of books I really don’t mind if I get for Christmas.
1. A Song of Ice and Fire book 6 by George R. R. Martin – Yes, this is on everyone’s wish list who has read the first books. I haven’t finished the 5th book as yet but that’s only because I’m scared of getting to the end.
2. On that note, I only have the first 5 books of the series in e-book format and so I really don’t mind getting the hard copies. I always wanted my own library but I can start with a book shelf.
3. Divergent Series by Veronica Roth (again I only have these in e-book version only). Contrary to most people I really like this series ending even if it’s not so happy. These were the first books I reviewed when I launched this blog.
4. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. Many people who read both series recommended this one as the better between this and The Mortal Instruments. It has been on my wish list for a while now.
5. Ender’s Quartet by Orson Scott Card – This oldie is getting a lot of attention lately because of the movie. Honestly I didn’t expect much when I sat down to watch the movie but it was so good and the twist was totally shocking.
6. The Ocean at the end of the Lane by Neil Gaiman – Gaiman wrote one of my fave books, Coraline. I know it’s a children’s book but I loved it and this one has been on my list longer than any other. It’s been priced very high and that’s the main reason I haven’t bought it as yet.
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – I read this one a few years ago before the movies and it’s one of those I only have in e-book format as well. I hate, hate, hate that they keep splitting the YA movies. Greedy. I do think that part 3 to the movies was better than part 2 by far.
8. Prince Lestat by Anne Rice – any fan of the Vampire Chronicles would want to get their hands on this installment. I didn’t finish the entire series but I am still willing to read this one just because it’s centred on Lestat.
9. The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss – I haven’t read these as yet but I already own them in e-book versions. I am waiting for Day 3 for me to start reading. I don’t want to commit to another epic fantasy series that isn’t completed.
10. I can’t come up with 10 🙂 Last month I would have had the Lord of the Rings up here but I recently got all 3 plus the hobbit in the boxed set. I can’t wait to start reading them. I have never finished reading the Lord of the Rings although I started many years ago.
Well this was fun. Wish we had this one up weeks ago so maybe my hubby could get some book gift ideas. I really don’t mind getting books for gifts.