Currently I’m reading …
- The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
- A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) – George R.R. Martin
- Allegiant (Divergent, #3) – Veronica Roth
- The Golem and the Jinni – Helene Wecker
More than likely I will finish the latter two books within a week or so. However, I’ve been stuck on the first 2 for a while now.
My problem with Dorian Gray is (to me) the books is very bland. It has a lot of speeches about nothingness. I suppose this is due to the writing style but I find it hard to read a book with too much or too little dialog.
My problem with a Dance with Dragon is that 1) this is the last published book in the series and if I read it I will essential finish all the written material in the series and 2) I know a lot of what’s happening in the book already because A Feast for Crows (the previous book in the series) is a story that runs concurrently with this book. Therefore I feel like I am reading a lot of repetitious information.
I am actually planning to take a break from novels and read …
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen Covey
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
This is in an effort to become a better person (by my own standards) and to be a better leader.